Here is a project I started in March for the Newman Center at SUNY@Buffalo. As you can see by the last picture, the new owner, Fr. Pat Keleher, is pleased with the completed project.
- Table Legs: Quarter-sawn White Oak (12 ft x 11 1/2 in x 2 in)
- Table Apron: Quarter-sawn White Oak (8 ft x 6 in x 3/4 in)
- Table Top: Purpleheart (8 ft x 10 in x 1 in)
- Tabernacle: Quarter-sawn White Oak (alot)
- Tabernacle feet: Jet black Granite – medium grain (1 1/2 in slab, hand shaped)
- Finish: Mohawk secret recipe (10 layers – 2 dyes/stain, sealer and lacquer top coat)
- Advantage Trim and Lumber Co.: oak and purpleheart. Jon was very helpful (as always) in finding just the right boards.
- D&M Plywood: Mohawk finishing supplies. John put me in touch with Neill, the Mohawk rep to find the right recipe for the finish.
- Rockler Woodworking and Hardware: oak boards, hidden barrel hinges and piano lock-set.