After years of searching for the perfect lathe and experimenting with garage sale finds, I was introduced to a guy that was thinking of selling his. As soon as he said it was too heavy to move, I was interested.
After dismantling into a dozen or so parts, we loaded into my truck. What I thought were plastic driveway markers, turned out to be rebar…the paint on my 3,000 mile truck was no match for one of them and it left an 8″ scratch right down to the metal. OUCH!
So after 3 months of sitting in the shed, I finally got around to cleaning it up. One thing let to another and now I have a pile of parts and a schematic I found on the Internet.
Here are the pics so far.